Honey, as the main ingredient in mead, deserves a section of its own.
- White JW: The hive and the honey bee... (1954)
- White JW et al.: Composition of American honeys, USDA technical bulletin 1261, 1-124 (1962) 20 p about composition of honey, including tables of composition for each kind of flower.
- White JW: Honey, Adv. Food res. 24, 287-374 (1978)
- Crane E.: Honey, a comprehensive survey, Heinemann (1979)
- Gayre G. R. : Wassail ! In mazers of mead, Brewers publications (1986) Très complet.
March 18th 2003